JellyPages.com

Sunday, December 7, 2014

This Week...


I hope you all are doing well and had a great weekend.  We have a lot going on this week.  We have the next round of DIBELS this week.  We will be measuring how your child is doing with letter naming fluency, phoneme segmentation (this is where we find out if your child can hear all the sounds in the words like in cat, your child can hear the /c/ /a/ /t/), and nonsense words (basically we are checking your child's ability in reading sounds of letters).  I am confident your child will do well and we will use this information to determine what your child needs to work on and needs further instruction.  In math, we are continuing to work on addition and working toward fluency of number sentences.  Please take time to review the math sheets that are brought home throughout the week and take a couple minutes to talk to your child about it.  One great thing you can do is ask your child to explain to you what to do on this sheet!

In addition, this week we will say good bye to Ms. Fordyce on Thursday.  She will be graduating and earning her teaching license at the end of the month.  I have been impressed with her this semester and loved watching her work with your children.  She had some great lessons we planned together.  I know the children will miss her, but I have told her to come back and visit.  I am also trying to have her come back and be our guest teacher when and if I am out of the building.

I hope you have a great week.  It is hard to believe it is the second week of December!

No comments:

Post a Comment